Western Springs Caucus selects candidates for April
Updated: January 7, 2013 6:17AM
WESTERN SPRINGS — The Western Springs Caucus has named its candidates for village, library and park positions in the spring elections.
At a caucus meeting Nov. 29 at McClure Junior High School, 14 individuals were approved for placement on the April ballot. No one contested any of the caucus selections.
This was the first time, under a change in caucus rules, that several elected officials got the candidate-screening panel’s nod for re-election.
“It is different than in past years in that a candidate can succeed himself for a second term,” caucus President Jack Lynch said. “We didn’t want to phase out experienced people. We wanted to bring the village governments continuity.”
Candidates earning approval of the caucus for the spring elections are (incumbents noted with * after their name):
• Village president - Bill Rodeghier *
• Village clerk: Jeanine Jasica *
• Village trustees: Alice Gallagher (Precinct 1), Jim Horvath * (Precinct 2) and Suzy Glowiak * (Precinct 3).
• Library Board: Laurel Schumm (Precinct 1), Amanda Smith (Precinct 2), John Ericson * (Precinct 3), George Letten (Precinct 4) and Bob Milano * (Precinct 6)
• Park Board: Art Freese (Precinct 1), Walter Knake * (at large), Christopher Dallavo (Precinct 2) and Angelo Velliotis (Precinct 5).
The caucus nominates candidates for local elected offices in the April 2013 elections. Candidates may seek caucus backing or may file on their own with the appropriate election authorities.
The filing deadline is Dec. 24. The election will be held April 9.